Wonderful opportunity to join a great team as a Human Resource Adviser (HR), this is a generalist HR role.
Main Purpose: Providing an excellent and effective HR service by working collaboratively with all staff at
and within the HR Team.
• Supporting and providing advice and best practice guidance to Heads of Departments and Managers on all aspects of managing people.
• Managing recruitment and selection including advertising, safer recruitment checks, interviewing where appropriate and contract paperwork.
• Recording information in a timely and accurate manner to ensure full statutory and ISI compliance.
• Complying with all statutory regulations in respect of safer recruitment, safeguarding and H&S.
• Maintaining accurate employee information (starters, contract changes, leavers) on the HR system and filing system, ensuring that data protection legislation is followed.
• Delivering a comprehensive Onboarding induction training for support staff starters.
• Liaising with Heads of Department and Managers to ensure that administration is completed on time including departmental induction paperwork, probationary reviews, appraisals and absence forms.
• Supporting HoDs and Managers in respect of grievance, disciplinary, investigations, capability and performance management, providing sound advice and attending meetings.
• Liaising with and supporting HoDs and Managers to manage unsatisfactory absence levels.
• Working collaboratively with the Payroll Department including information for monthly payroll changes and payroll checking.
• Arranging training in respect of staff development, as and when required, as part of CPD.
• Liaising with the Safety and Security Manager in respect of H&S related training (First Aid, Fire & Emergency procedures, general H&S) and identifying refresher or cyclical training requirements.
• Maintaining up to date central training records for all staff including absence records.
• Generating key reports and compiling data for statutory reports.
• Conducting exit interviews and recording information to identify trends or areas for improvement.
• Acting as a counter-signatory for Disclosure application forms to the DBS.
• Updating HR related policies to ensure compliance.
• Attending staff committee meetings acting as note taker as required.
• Undertaking any other duties as requested by the Head of HR or the Bursar.
The successful candidate must maintain the confidentiality of information regarding the School, its staff and its business. Information must not be communicated to other persons either in or outside the School except in the recognised course of their duties.
The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons with whom you come into contact will be to adhere to and always ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protections Policy. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School he or she must report their concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Headmaster.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Tact, discretion and confidentiality are paramount for this role.
• knowledge of employment law.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus.
• Detail and accuracy oriented.
• Ability to prioritise workload and to work under pressure.
• Ability to liaise with staff at all levels in a professional, friendly and welcoming manner
• Patient and a good listener.
• A 'can do’ attitude and positive outlook.
• Energetic, committed and enthusiastic.
• Well organised, flexible and professional approach.
• Resilient and reliable.
• Practical and logical.
• Excellent Microsoft skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Previous experience of working in a school is not essential,
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a personnel or human resources management role preferably within an educational environment.
• CIPD membership or working towards accreditation desirable but not essential.
• Working with HR databases and information systems.
• High standards of numeracy, literacy and administration.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Generous benefits package including:
Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
Free car parking
Cycle to work scheme
Lunch provided free of charge during term time
School Fees remission (after three years’ service)
Subsidised Sports Centre membership (Staff rates)